- Before you begin packing, place important items like your keys, phone, and your wallet in a safe place.
- Try to reduce clutter by putting odds and ends in boxes or bags. This will help you save time, and money.
- Do not over pack boxes to the point that they are unmanageable. Heavy items like books should be placed in smaller boxes.
- Although we treat every box like it’s fragile, all boxes with glass, and very fragile items should be clearly marked on the top of the box.
- Dressers and nightstands do not need to be emptied as long as the drawers can be removed.
- Keep all parts or pairs together. Examples are curtain rods, mirror bolts and other small hardware items. Place in plastic bags and tape or tie securely to article they belong to.
- Label boxes with the room in which you want them placed at your “moving to” location. Color coordinating boxes and furniture with stickers is another efficient way to do this.
- Understanding that moving day can be quite chaotic, please try and make clear access ways for our movers to navigate through your house.
- Please have your kids and pets in a safe place during your move.
These few simple tips can help you save time, money, and, of course, stress.